Class Title: ABC DIRECTOR
Bargaining Unit: Use for all Job Titles
Class Code: 038676
Education and Experience: Determined by the appointing authority.
Necessary Special Qualifications: Determined by the appointing authority.
Examination Method: Determined by the appointing authority.
Job Overview: Summary: Under executive direction, is responsible for managerial Alcoholic Beverage Commission investigative and compliance work of considerable difficulty and supervisory investigative and compliance work of unusual difficulty; and performs related work as required.
Distinguishing Features: This is the highest class in the ABC Agent sub-series. The employee in this class manages and directs all ABC operations, functions, activities, and services. This class differs from ABC Assistant Director in that the incumbent of the latter assists the director with managing and directing all ABC operations, functions, activities, and services.
Work Activities: 1. Through subordinate supervisory and management staff, directs the assignment, training, supervision, and evaluation of a relatively small decentralized staff performing Alcoholic Beverage Commission investigative and compliance work statewide.
2. Reviews and makes decisions on employment, retention, promotion, demotions, merit awards, and other personnel actions.
3. Directs the development and modification of policy and procedure for operations and functions within sphere of authority.
4. Directs the enforcement of policy and procedure for operations and functions within sphere of authority.
5. Plans, organizes and directs departmental operations, functions, activities, and services.
6. Directs the study of organization, operations and services, and passes judgement on merit of recommendations intended to effect improvements in economy, efficiency and quality of organization, operations, and services.
7. Handles the most difficult of negotiations, personal relationships, and contacts.
8. Directs the preparation of confidential oral or written operating records and reports. – See more at: https://agency.governmentjobs.com/tennessee/default.cfm?action=viewclassspec&classSpecID=101919&viewOnly=yes#sthash.DKeeRR7V.dpuf