|Class Title:||AMUSEMENT DEVICE SAF COMP OFF|
|Bargaining Unit:||Use for all Job Titles|
Substitution of Education for Experience: NONE
Substitution of Experience for Education: NONE
Examination Method: Education and Experience, 100%, for Preferred Service positions.
Work Activities: Communicating with Persons Outside Organization:
1. May have contact with approved certifying agencies to confirm third party inspectors are qualified.
2. May have contact with third party inspectors to verify all required documents are accurate and complete.
3. Communicate with the device owner/operator to explain State laws and program rules when necessary.
4. May contact insurance companies to confirm policies are valid and to obtain a list of devices.
Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards:
1. Review amusement device documents for compliance based on State laws and program rules.
2. Issues citations to amusement device owners/operators for non-compliance with State laws.
3. Makes recommendations for improvement; and prohibits operation of amusement device if necessary.
4. Recommends correction for equipment deemed unsafe at time of inspection.
5. Issues non-compliance notices to owner/operator indicating the severity of non-compliance.
6. Documents non-compliance through standard forms and division software system.
7. May identify safety tag test to ensure safety tests are accurate.
1. May conduct an on-site visit as a result of accident or any non-compliance situation that might arise.
2. Conduct research for the assigned area to identify and locate non-compliant amusement device companies.
Making Decisions and Solving Problems:
1. Determines if the owner/operator is compliant based on researching state website, assigned territory and other resources available.
2. May determine if an accident falls under the following categories (serious incident, physical injury or fatality).
Performing Administrative Activities:
1. Submits program documents to supervisor on a weekly basis.
2. Enters records into division database.
3. Scans and maintains records for itinerary, device list, operating permits, accident reports, red tag code violations, receipts and other related records as required.
4. Attend staff meetings, conferences, training and seminars.
1. Verifies information or data as received by outside sources.
Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others:
1. May handle complaints, settle disputes and conflicts or otherwise negotiating with others internally or externally.
1. Customer Focus
3. Functional/Technical Competency
4. Technical Learning
5. Written Communication
7. Priority Setting
1. Law and Government
2. Customer and Personal Service
1. Time Management
4. Active Listening
6. Reading Comprehension
8. Active Learning
1. Oral Comprehension
2. Oral Expression
3. Speech Clarity
4. Deductive Rea
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Personal Computer
- Copy Machine
- Motor Vehicles
- Hard Hat
- Safety Harness
- Safety Glasses
- Safety Shoes
- High Visibility Vest
- Lockout Tagouts
- Daily Planner