|Class Title:||ASSISTANT ADJUTANT GENERAL|
|Bargaining Unit:||Use for all Job Titles|
Education and Experience: Determined by the appointing authority.
Necessary Special Qualifications: Determined by the appointing authority.
Examination Method: Determined by the appointing authority.
Job Overview: Summary: Under direction, is responsible for management work of considerable difficulty in directing the operation of the Tennessee Army or Air National Guard or the Tennessee Defense Force.
Distinguishing Features: Employees in this class direct all army guard, air guard, or Tennessee Defense Force operations, functions, activities, and services and supervise all army guard, air guard, or Tennessee Defense Force personnel through subordinate supervisory staff. This class differs from that of Adjutant General in that the incumbent of the latter directs the operation of the entire Department of Military.
Work Activities: 1. Through subordinate supervisory personnel, assigns, trains, supervises, and evaluates staff and their work.
2. Provides staff assistance and guidance for all army guard, air guard or Tennessee Defense Force matters, including operations, administrative, personnel, legal, and logistics.
3. Provides policy and directives for all army guard, air guard or Tennessee Defense Force units and maintains difficult personal contacts with the Adjutant General, the United States Army or Air Force and other state departments.
4. Represents the Adjutant General in all army guard, air guard or Tennessee Defense Force matters.
5. Plans, organizes, and directs all army guard, air guard or Tennessee Defense Force operations, functions, activities, and services.
6. Supervises the preparation of a large volume of operating records and reports.