|ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL (PART-TIME) -PENDING BUDGET APPROVAL IN JULY
Location: ALTERNATIVE LEARNING CENTER
Group: 11/24 PRO
• Chairs meetings (e.g. curriculum, safety, site advisory, special district committees, etc.) for the purpose of coordinating
activities and ensuring that outcomes achieve school, district and/or state objectives.
• Evaluates assigned personnel for the purpose of ensuring that standards are achieved and performance is maximized.
• Facilitates communication between personnel, students and/or parents for the purpose of evaluating situations, solving
problems and/or resolving conflicts.
• Facilitates meetings, processes, etc. for the purpose of meeting curriculum guidelines and/or ensuring that state
mandates are achieved.
• Facilitates the development, communication, implementation, and evaluation of quality learning for the purpose of
enhancing excellence, equality, and equity for staff and students.
• Implements policies, procedures, and/or processes for the purpose of providing direction and/or complying with
• Intervenes in occurrences of inappropriate behavior of students for the purpose of assisting students in modifying such
behavior and developing successful interpersonal skills.
• Manages a variety of school administrative functions (e.g. student disciplinary policy, school schedule, assigned personnel,
etc.) for the purpose of enforcing school, district, and state policy and maintaining safety and efficiency of school operations.
• Participates in meetings, workshops, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to
• Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
• Prepares a wide variety of materials (e.g. quantity reports, student activities, correspondence, audits, etc.) for the
purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
• Presents information (e.g. budget overviews, accounting processes, distribution formulas, etc.) for the purpose of
communicating information, gaining feedback, and ensuring adherence to established internal controls.
• Represents the school within community forums for the purpose of maintaining ongoing community support for educational
goals and/or assisting with issues related to school environment.
• Supervises school personnel for the purpose of monitoring performance, providing for professional growth, and achieving
overall objectives of school’s curriculum.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the Principal for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of
the work unit.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to complete specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include:
planning and managing projects; using pertinent software applications; preparing and maintaining accurate records; planning and
managing various tasks; and administering personnel policies.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform algebra and/or geometry; review and interpret various information, speak persuasively to
implement desired actions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge-based
competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: assessment tools; pertinent laws, codes, policies,
and/or regulations; personnel processes; bookkeeping principles; and concepts of management and supervision.
ABILITY is required to schedule meetings and/or events; often gather, collate, and/or classify data; Flexibility is required to work
with others in a variety of circumstances; and operate equipment using a variety of processes. Ability is required to work with a
diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize a variety of job-related equipment. Problem solving is
required to analyze issues and create action plans. Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the
functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; setting priorities; working as part of a
team; working with frequent interruptions; creating a positive school climate for students, staff and community; and adapting to
changing work priorities.
Responsibilities include: Working under direct supervision using standardized procedures; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others;
providing information and/or advising others; and operating within a defined budget.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions required the following physical demands: some lifting,
carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; and some fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 70% sitting, 15% walking, and 15%
standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
EXPERIENCE: Job related experience with increasing level of responsibility
EDUCATION: Master’s degree in job related area.