|Class Title:||ASSOCIATE WARDEN|
|Bargaining Unit:||Use for all Job Titles|
- Promptly takes appropriate action to resolve problems and settle disputes involving the operations of the institution.
Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material:
- Conducts daily institutional inspections in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Conducts required Monthly Compliance Inspections in the institution as required by Federal and State Codes, policies, and procedures.
Communicating with Persons Outside Organization:
- Communicates effectively with the public, other agencies, governmental representatives at all levels, and private concerns on matters related to the institution and its activities in accordance with code, policy, and procedures.
Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Subordinates:
- Provides job performance planning guidelines, performance monitoring, and personnel performance evaluations to staff and required by code, policy, and procedures in order to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
Monitoring and Controlling Resources:
- On an on-going basis monitors all the factors involved in controlling the costs in the institution’s budget system’s operations.
Making Decisions and Solving Problems:
- Updates as required the Emergency Operational Plans (EOP) to meet changes required within the institution by code, policy, and procedures.
- Provides critical input used in formulating policy and procedural changes needed within the institution to meet operational requirements set by code, policy, and procedures.
Scheduling Work and Activities:
- Insures that senior staff are identified to monitor and control offender movement within and outside the institution in accordance with policy and procedures.
Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates:
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff and supervisors within the organization to promote a safe working environment and organizational effectiveness.
Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge:
- Insures that institutional and divisional policies and procedures are updated to meet changes required by code, departmental, and state policies and procedures.
Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others:
- Explains policy and procedures to other staff and individuals as required in the performance of their duties.
- On a daily basis reviews Incident Reports for use of force as required by policy and procedures.
- Reviews the status of the institutional staff’s personnel performance evaluations in accordance with code, policy, and procedures.
- Gathers information on job performance for staff under their supervision in accordance with policy and procedures.
Training and Teaching Others:
- Insures that all staff are meeting the training standards required for their jobs by code, policy, and procedures.
- Constantly provides or directs training for all staff to continually enhance and improve unit operational performance standards.
Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings:
- Monitors all Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) complaints, inspections, reports, and investigations in accordance with code, policy, and procedures.
- Monitors all Title VI activities, reports, and actions for the institution in accordance with code, policy, and procedures.
- Reviews Staff Overtime Worked Reports as required by policy and procedures to control overtime labor costs.
- Reviews the Inspection Reports for the institution that have been submitted by staff to insure that they have been conducted in accordance with code, policy, and procedures.
- Monitors Prison Annex beds to insure that they are filled to capacity in accordance with code, policy, and procedures.
Developing and Building Teams:
- Encourages teamwork and cooperation among all persons involved in institutional operations to promote organizational effectiveness.
- Documents staff’s work time, attendance, and travel as required by code, policy, and procedures.
- Documents their staff’s job performance information as required by code, policy, and procedures.
- Maintains and records statistical data on the facility as required by policy and procedures.
- Maintains Offender Contact Notes in the state ‘s Offender Information System as required by code, policy, and procedures.
Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others:
- Directs the coordination necessary for the distribution of the work requirements within the institution among the available divisions and staff to promote effective institutional operations.
Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards:
- Reviews institutional inspections and reports to determine if the institution is in compliance with the standards of performance set and required by code, policy, and procedures.
- Compiles institutional self audit reports to prepare for accreditation processes in accordance with policy and procedures.
Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships:
- Develops and maintains a cooperative and constructive working relationship with internal and external business partners.
Staffing Organizational Units:
- Recommends the allocation of staff within the institution’s divisions/units to meet the operational needs of the institution.
- Participates in the hiring and promotional processes in the institution.
Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work:
- Sets daily and weekly work goals and priorities to accomplish their required duties and job functions as required by policy and procedures.
Interacting With Computers:
- Uses a personal computer in their daily work for communications, research, and project analysis.
Assisting and Caring for Others:
- Provides personal assistance to others as required in the course of their employment and in accordance with policy and procedures.
Coaching and Developing Others:
- Works with all assigned staff to develop their personal and professional career job skills and abilities.
Provide Consultation and Advice to Others:
- Provides input to management and staff on an on-going basis on needed improvements and changes in organizational policies and procedures.
- Business Acumen
- Decision Quality
- Learning on the Fly
- Directing Others
- Conflict Management
- Hiring and Staffing
- Managing Diversity
- Caring About Direct Reports
- Peer Relationships
- Understanding Others
- Administration and Management
- Customer and Personal Service
- Personnel and Human Resources
- Computers and Electronics
- Public Safety and Security
- Education and Training
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
- Complex Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Active Learning
- Management of Personnel Resources
- Information Ordering
- Deductive Reasoning
- Inductive Reasoning
- Oral Comprehension
- Oral Expression
- Written Expression
- Written Comprehension
- Auditory Attention
- Speech Clarity
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Personal Computer
- Fax Machine
- Security Cameras
- Mobile Phone