|Class Title:||BUDGET ANALYST COORDINATOR|
|Bargaining Unit:||Use for all Job Titles|
- Assemble fiscal and statistical data for use in budgetary evaluations and budget hearings.
- Prepare Annual Budget Requests in accordance with Finance and Administration Budget guidelines.
- Assist in the development and submission of the Departmental operating and capital budgets.
- Analyze monthly departmental budgeting and accounting extracts to maintain expenditure and revenue reports.
- Prepare periodic reports comparing budgeted costs verses actual costs and budgeted revenues to actual revenues.
- Prepare special statistical and financial reports as required.
Monitoring and Controlling Resources:
- Assist in the development, submission, and administration of the department’s operating budgets for assigned business units.
- Monitor departmental revenue collections and expenditures for accuracy on a regular basis as required by code, policy, and procedures.
- Monitor the availability of funds in each division’s budget as required by policy and procedures.
- Drafts requests for budget revisions and recommends approvals as required by policy and procedures.
- Creates salary administration plans to determine their effect on the budget.
- Reviews and participates in the approval processes for purchases of goods and services in accordance with code, policy, and procedures.
Communicating with Persons Outside Organization:
- Prepares and presents information, reports, and/or data on departmental programs for the legislature and interested parties in accordance with code, policy, and procedures.
Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others:
- Promptly addresses staff complaints and conflicts within their organization in accordance with policy and procedures in order to promote organizational effectiveness and workplace harmony.
- Create complex spreadsheets to enhance efficiency as needed.
- Creates charts and graphs using computer spreadsheets to illustrate technical reports.
- Maintain files of budgetary and/or statistical information.
Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others:
- Assists in the coordination and supervision of staff required for support in the performance of work projects.
- Insure that subordinate staff complete the documentation required for budget, statistical, and fiscal work in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Directs and oversees the activities and work for staff of lower classifications.
Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards:
- Analyze assigned business unit’s budget requests to insure conformance with budget policies and guidelines.
Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others:
- Interprets policies, processes, and procedures to staff in lower job classes for staff development and needed corrective actions.
Coaching and Developing Others:
- Mentors less experienced co-workers in their work to enhance their work performance.
Interacting With Computers:
- Uses computer based spreadsheet software.
- Uses computers to enter, access, and retrieve financial and/or statistical program data.
- Develops and maintains budgeting and/or statistical databases.
Analyzing Data or Information:
- Analyzes financial data to prepare revenue and expenditure forecasts.
- Analyze statistical data to identify program trends and their possible fiscal impacts.
- Analyzes budgets for special projects to insure availability of funds.
- Evaluate the costs of special projects as assigned.
Developing Objectives and Strategies:
- Provide input and planning on the long range financial needs of the department’s programs and required services.
- Gather current period expenditures and revenues through electronic formats to provide accurate budget reports as required by policy and procedures.
- Researches statistical program and fiscal data for fiscal notes, monthly, and annual reports as required by code, policy, and procedures.
- Researches legal code for fiscal note requirements.
Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Subordinates:
- Provide performance counseling, job planning, and performance evaluations for subordinate staff as required by code, policy, and procedures.
- Provide guidance, training, and supervision of other individuals assisting in budget, statistical and fiscal work projects and activities.
- Consistently sets an example for fellow employees by demonstrating positive work habits.
Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships:
- Maintain professional working relationships with peers and upper management to ensure smooth and effective team operations.
Training and Teaching Others:
- Facilitate the orientation and training of new staff and of current staff to ensure their success and effectiveness as employees.
Performing Administrative Activities:
- Utilize office productivity software including but not limited to word processing programs, spreadsheet programs, presentation software, web based e-mail programs, and search engines in the performance of their job duties.
- Documents time and attendance for assigned staff in accordance with code, policy, and procedures.
- Creates and modifies reporting systems used for monitoring and analysis of programs and their functions for effectiveness and efficiency.
Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work:
- Prioritizes job tasks and activities to ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner.
Staffing Organizational Units:
- Participate in the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and promoting of unit staff.
Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates:
- Communicates with staff to ensure policy and program objectives are clearly understood, accurately communicated, and properly interpreted.
- Assist in the explanation of the budget document’s needs and methods to insure proper preparation of estimates and detail.
- Advise their supervisor about work issues and areas of concern as they occur.
Scheduling Work and Activities:
- Prioritize the daily and weekly work time and activities for their self and their assigned staff to meet the priorities of the organization and operational requirements.
Developing and Building Teams:
- Encourages and participates in team building within the organization.
Provide Consultation and Advice to Others:
- Provide budget preparation advice and/or technical assistance to program staff.
- Explain budgetary processes to departmental staff as needed.
- May visit field offices to assist with budgetary and statistical analysis needs as necessary.
Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge:
- Updates work processes and procedures to comply with changes in the legal codes and professional standards to insure performance and legal requirements are met in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Attends and participates in all required in service and pre service training related to applying new knowledge to their job responsibilities and to maintain their required job certifications/licenses.
Judging the Qualities of Things, Services, or People:
- May recommend applicants for potential employment.
- Functional/Technical Competencies
- Problem Solving
- Directing Others
- Customer Focus
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Time Management
- Priority Setting
- Process Management
- Administration and Management
- Customer and Personal Service
- Computers and Electronics
- Active Learning
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
- Complex Problem Solving
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Time Management
- Deductive Reasoning
- Inductive Reasoning
- Number Facility
- Oral Comprehension
- Oral Expression
- Written Comprehension
- Written Expression
- Speech Clarity
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Personal Computer
- Fax Machine
- Adding Machine
- Accounting Software