|Class Title:||BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE SPEC-ADV|
|Bargaining Unit:||Use for all Job Titles|
- Understands and assists in defining the Business Intelligence and Reporting Architecture and its integration into the overall Technology Service.
Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others:
- Facilitates requirements gathering sessions using expert listening skills and develops unique simple solutions to meet the immediate and long-term needs of business customers.
- Validates and tests solutions to ensure the business requirements are met.
- Validates report results to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Researches, analyzes and reports on information from a variety of sources.
Analyzing Data or Information:
- Analyzes source systems and develops a logical/business data model to determine the reporting capability of available data.
- Understands pertinent data models and business processes in order to fulfill customer requests for maintenance, support and enhancements.
- Understands, implements, and maintains the security model for business intelligence solutions to prevent unauthorized access.
- Integrates multiple disparate processes to address short and long-term business needs.
Making Decisions and Solving Problems:
- Analyzes and troubleshoots processes to resolve issues.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves problems/issues within the Business Intelligence solution environment.
- Conducts investigations into data anomalies both proactively and as identified by users.
- Analyzes tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
Interacting With Computers:
- Tunes Extract Transform Load (ETL) processes and reporting queries to maximize performance.
- Develops a physical data model and identifies facts, dimensions and key values.
- Deploys solutions utilizing Business Intelligence concepts such as: data mining, predictive analytics and trend analysis to provide management with insight into their business.
- Implements Extract Transform Load (ETL) solutions using business intelligence data ETL tools.
- Generate standard or custom reports summarizing business data for review by executives, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Develops queries for validation of work outputs, and source system confirmation.
- Codes solutions using appropriate computer programming language.
- Develops and Extract Transform Load (ETL) schedule that recognizes dependencies, pre-processing tasks, post-processing tasks and notifications for data administration.
- Develops reports based on customer requirements.
- Develops and maintains complex data storage structures needed to support data warehouse functions to ensure data is maintained in consistent formats.
- Designs reports based on customer requirements.
- Integrates Business Intelligence solutions with existing office productivity suites.
- Develops Business Intelligence reporting components within existing business intelligence and reporting platforms in support of strategic initiatives.
- Implements reporting solutions using business intelligence data presentation tools.
Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events:
- Participates in the identification of key performance indicators and methods for data warehouse to assist with operational and strategic planning.
Estimating the Quantifiable Characteristics of Products, Events, or Information:
- Estimates work plan tasks.
- Gathers and identifies the information available from various source systems.
- Conducts requirements gathering sessions with business stakeholders to define, formulate and prioritize Business Intelligence requirements.
Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge:
- Understands business intelligence concepts and methodologies.
Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships:
- Collaborates with clients to understand technical requirements stemming from the business functional requirements of a particular request.
Provide Consultation and Advice to Others:
- Provides guidance and consultation to users to increase their understanding of the Business Intelligence tool’s capabilities in order to better meet their business needs.
Communicating with Persons Outside Organization:
- Acts as liaison between technical and non-technical teams.
Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards:
- Follows proper configuration management and change controls to promote system stability and to provide an audit trail of modifications.
- Documents use cases to ensure the Business Intelligence solution meets the business requirements.
- Documents business flows for new and existing systems ensuring long-term maintainability.
Coaching and Developing Others:
- Provides training and assistance to business users in the generation of ad hoc reports.
- Acts as a mentor/teacher to other development resources in the area of business intelligence and reporting development, including usage techniques and best practices.
- Provides technical assistance and cross-training to other team members.
Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings:
- Monitors the reporting component of business intelligence systems to identify performance issues and process failures.
- Monitors the data warehouse and business systems performance and integrity.
- Monitors and tracks usage of business intelligence systems.
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Functional/Technical Competency
- Problem Solving
- Customer Focus
- Business Acumen
- Decision Quality
- Learning on the Fly
- Technical Learning
- Process Management
- Written Communication
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence Reporting Tools
- Knowledge of Data Analysis
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence Concepts
- Knowledge of Query Languages
- Knowledge of Data Modeling Concepts
- Knowledge of Dashboard Development
- Knowledge of Scorecard Development
- Knowledge of Extract Transform and Load (ETL) Development
- Knowledge of Office Automation Software
- Knowledge of Schedule Maintenance
- Knowledge of Programming Languages
- Critical Thinking
- Complex Problem Solving
- Reading Comprehension
- Systems Analysis
- Active Listening
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Time management
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Written Comprehension
- Information Ordering
- Oral Comprehension
- Deductive Reasoning
- Inductive Reasoning
- Oral Expression
- Written Expression
- Perceptual Speed
- Problem Sensitivity
- Speed of Closure
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Personal Computer
- Fax Machine
- Copy Machine
- Mobile Devices
- Projector/Audio-Video Equipment