|Class Title:||BUSINESS TECH SUPPORT-LEAD|
|Bargaining Unit:||Use for all Job Titles|
Substitution of Graduate Coursework for the Required Experience: Any graduate coursework in management information systems, business data processing, business systems analysis, computer and information systems, or computer accounting may substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis to a maximum substitution of one year. (Thirty-six graduate quarter hours or a master’s degree in the above fields is equivalent to one year of experience.)
- Leads a team utilizing various methods to perform research and implement industry standards for “best practices” to enhance current skillsets and successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this role.
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses, pursues training and development opportunities, strives to continually build knowledge and skills and shares expertise with others.
Interacting With Computers:
- Leads a team to implement software and hardware configurations for new and existing agency applications.
- Leads in the deployment of agency-specific images for devices and non-standard (specialized) printers.
- Ensures video conferencing and audiovisual devices are working properly to accommodate customer needs.
- Creates and edits media production.
Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others:
- Translates and communicates technical terms into non-technical language for customers.
Training and Teaching Others:
- Conducts customer training, either on-site or via remote conferencing on agency-specific applications using established guidelines.
- Instructs technical team members on the proper training on agency-specific applications.
- Works with management to identify and provide the development, delivery, and/or coordination of training courses and materials that address specific agency needs.
Provide Consultation and Advice to Others:
- Evaluates business processes to provide technical solutions to improve daily operations.
- Shares and implements new technology and ideas with team customers to provide better solutions for business process improvement.
Performing Administrative Activities:
- Creates, performs, and tests local backup procedures for agency data on an annual basis to ensure data integrity.
- Develops standards for granting access to agency applications for systems and security levels. May serve as a liaison to the OIR security team.
- Identifies and analyzes equipment for hardware replacement project.
- Utilizes a problem resolution system to track requests in order to perform trend analysis and performance metrics for reporting purposes.
- Shares and implements new technology and ideas with team and customers to provide better solutions for business process improvement.
Developing Objectives and Strategies:
- Utilizes knowledge gained in the business area to implement technical solutions in support of the agency’s strategic goals.
Judging the Qualities of Things, Services, or People:
- Provides multiple options indicating the best possible technical solution to accommodate agency-specific business needs.
- Provides performance feedback to management identifying strengths, weaknesses, improvement recommendations, training, and goal-setting.
Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work:
- Coordinates and works with multiple teams to prioritize, plan, establish goals, and implement projects to meet agency-specific needs.
Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others:
- Mediates or resolves a wide variety of issues, such as complaints, employee disputes, or negotiations that impact the business.
- Communicates with customers by telephone, e-mail, or in person in order to provide assistance with Information Technology products and services to support the customer in completing job duties.
- Analyzes documents, monitors systems, and takes action to resolve issues.
- Leads team to ensure analytical and technical experience in IT applications support and gain business knowledge in one or more areas of the organization.
- Evaluates completed work requests to ensure customer satisfaction, proper resolution, and gathering metrics to determine issue trends for quality improvement.
Making Decisions and Solving Problems:
- Responds to the customer with the most accurate and complete information available to include escalating or reassigning issues or requests for service.
- Identifies and implements appropriate technical solutions to resolve agency-specific business needs.
- Collaborates with team members within the agency, other departments, and outside resources regarding mobile devices.
- Provides customer support or leads a team to provide technical resolutions via hands-on, e-mail, remote access tools, and other electronic medium.
- Tracks and maintains communication with the customer from the beginning to the end of any established issue or concern.
- Provides comprehensive technical support services across all technologies for the agency.
Repairing and Maintaining Electronic Equipment:
- Leads subordinates on repair and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Coordinates and resolves all telecommunications requests.
- Evaluates multiple hardware instances for the need to enhance/upgrade components for non-standard equipment and software, including memory, hard drive, etc.
- Organizes and manages a knowledge base of issue resolutions to be used by the IT team.
- Creates resource, reference and instruction materials for technical and customer training.
- Defines, creates, and obtains approval to implement IT policies and procedures.
Communicating with Persons Outside Organization:
- Communicates effectively with other departments and external entities while representing the state in a professional manner.
Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards:
- Identifies any violations to the state’s acceptable-use policy and recommends appropriate actions to supervisor.
Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates:
- Maintains good working relationship with managers, peers, and the customer served.
- Communicates effectively by keeping supervisor informed of issues affecting performance.
- Communicates on a regular basis with coworkers/team to share knowledge.
- Communicates effectively in written form, by e-mail, by phone or in person.
Estimating the Quantifiable Characteristics of Products, Events, or Information:
- Estimates time, costs, and employee resources for assigned projects.
Performing General Physical Activities:
- Lifts, standing, sits, walks and talks for substantial periods of time.
- Problem Solving
- Business Acumen
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Functional/Technical Competencies
- Learning on the Fly
- Technical Learning
- Customer Focus
- Time Management
- Written Communications
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Advanced office automation
- Proficient knowledge and usage of “Principles of Customer Relationship management”
- Application Design (knowledge/understanding, structure, process flow, etc.)
- Knowledge of developing Instructional design methodologies
- Expert knowledge of Adult Learning Principles
- Expert knowledge of methods for curriculum and training
- Expert knowledge of Common e-learning development software
- Expert knowledge of Learning Management Systems and Standards
- Knowledge of business applications security architecture
- Expert knowledge of business application processes
- Knowledge of remote assistance software
- Knowledge of hardware components integration
- Knowledge of hardware and software installation
- Advanced knowledge of creating software images
- Knowledge of networking principles
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Knowledge of application reporting tools
- Knowledge of client-based application installation
- Knowledge of client-based application connectivity and configuration
- Knowledge of web-based application connectivity and configuration
- Knowledge of web-based application installation
- Expert knowledge of operating systems
- Knowledge of PC operating systems compatibility with business applications
- Knowledge of project management planning and execution
- Knowledge of audio/visual equipment setup and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of web cameras setup and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of web conferencing packages
- Knowledge of Mathematics
- Knowledge of Statistics
- Knowledge of Telecommunications and devices
- Knowledge of Quality Improvement
- Presentation Skills
- Training skills
- Communication Skills
- Advanced analytic and diagnostic hardware skills
- Advanced analytic and diagnostic client-based software skills
- Advanced analytic and diagnostic web-based software
- Escalate or resolve issues
- Analytical thinking skills
- Aptitude to perform application administration and support
- Proficient with editing multimedia content
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
- Public Speaking
- Good writing skills
- Social skills (negotiation, persuasion, mediation, social perceptiveness)
- Determine tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Basic understanding of Programming
- Judgment and decision making skills
- Resource Management Skills
- Time Management skills
- Ability to train others
- Ability to travel
- Ability to deal with frequent changes
- Installing and configuring software
- Installing and configuring hardware
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to comprehend, retain, and apply newly introduced skills
- Reasoning (deductive and inductive)
- Ability to perform Trend Analysis
- Fluency of ideas
- Thinking skills (logical and creative)
- Problem sensitivity
- Ability to focus
- Ability to shift back and forth between two or more activities
- Dynamic flexibility (bend, stretch, twist, etc.)
- Fulfill physical demands related to specified tasks for substantial periods of time
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Personal Computer
- Fax Machine