|Class Title:||CLERK 3|
|Bargaining Unit:||Use for all Job Titles|
Education and Experience: Education equivalent to graduation from a standard high school and experience equivalent to two years of increasingly responsible full-time clerical work.
Substitution of Experience for Education: Qualifying full-time clerical experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
Necessary Special Qualifications: None.
Examination Method: Education and Experience,100%, for Preferred Service positions. For Executive Service positions, Minimum Qualifications, Necessary Special Qualifications, and Examination Method are determined by the appointing authority.
Summary: Under general supervision, is responsible for general and figures clerical work of considerable difficulty; and performs related work as required.
Distinguishing Features: This is the highest class in the Clerk subseries. An employee in this class is responsible for advanced general clerical work and minor supervisory work. Work problems which involve critical deviations from standard policies and procedures are reviewed with a supervisor. This class differs from Clerk 2 in that an incumbent of the latter performs general and figures clerical work of average difficulty. This class differs from Office Supervisor 1 in that an incumbent of the latter has greater supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintains, compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data for accuracy and completeness.
- Documents and records accurate information by entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic format.
Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards:
- Uses relevant information and individual judgment to ensure events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others:
- Explains departmental policies and procedures, interprets rules and regulations to internal and external customers to ensure consistency of information.
Interacting With Computers:
- Proficient in the use of computers and computer systems (including hardware and software); enters data process information, and types letters and correspondence.
Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events:
- Identifies, sorts, and distinguishes sets of information electronically, verbally, or manually to ensure the information is correct and distributed properly.
Analyzing Data or Information:
- Breaks down information or data received or obtained from verbal, written, or electronic communication into separate parts to evaluate results to choose the best solution and to solve problems.
Communicating with Persons outside the Organization:
- Communicates with the public, government, and other external sources to represent the organization and provide excellent customer service. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, by telephone or e-mail.
Performing for or Working Directly with the Public:
- Communicates professionally with the public to provide excellent customer service and resolve issues.
Performing Administrative Activities:
- Conducts office functions including but not limited to taking messages, answering telephones, inputting time sheets, filing, review and distribute mail, maintaining contracts, creating documents or forms, ordering supplies, and other related functions.
Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work:
- Develops specific goals by planning, prioritizing, and organizing work to meet performance standards in a timely manner.
- Obtains information via electronic, verbal, or physical means to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates:
- Provides accurate information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person to efficiently produce quality work.
Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships:
- Develops constructive and professional working relationships with others to maintain a productive work environment.
Performing General Physical Activities:
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, heavy lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, standing, sitting, typing, and handling of materials.
- Transports work materials between various State offices by walking.
Scheduling Work and Activities:
- Provides support by scheduling appointments, meetings, events, programs, activities, and travel arrangements for the unit or division.
- Delegates the work of others to maintain work flow.
Repairing and Maintaining Electronic Equipment:
- Performs minor service repairs by troubleshooting or requesting technical support to maintain the operation of office equipment.
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Functional/Technical Competencies
- Technical Learning
- Priority Setting
- Time Management
- Action Oriented
- Written Communication
- Customer Focus
- Administration and Management
- Computer and Electronics
- Customer and Personal Service
- Personnel and Human Resources
- Active Learning
- Active Listening
- Social Perceptiveness
- Complex Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Learning Strategies
- Reading Comprehension
- Service Orientation
- Time Management
- Material Resources
- Auditory Attention
- Category Flexibility
- Deductive Reasoning
- Inductive Reasoning
- Information Ordering
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Near Vision
- Number Facility
- Oral Comprehension
- Perceptual Speed
- Problem Sensitivity
- Selective Attention
- Speech Clarity
- Speech Recognition
- Speed of Closure
- Time Sharing
- Wrist-Finger Speed
- Dynamic Flexibility
- Extent Flexibility
- Gross Body Coordination
- Static Strength
- Written Comprehension
- Written Expression
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Two-Way Radio
- Date Stamp
- Fax Machine
- File Cabinets
- General Office Supplies (Pens, Pencils, Paper Clips, Stapler, Hole Puncher, etc.)
- Hand-Held Printer
- Intercom System
- Label Maker
- Mail Cart
- Microfilm Machine
- Office Printer
- Paper Cutter