|Class Title:||COMMUNICATIONS SYS ANALYST 2*|
|Bargaining Unit:||Use for all Job Titles|
Other Requirements: Necessary Special Qualifications: Applicants for this class must:
- Have a valid driver’s license.
Work Activities: Getting Information:
- Retrieve data from the problem management database.
- Acquire data by receiving requests from agencies on the purchase of communication hardware, software or services.
Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge:
- Keep abreast of changes in industry practices and emerging communications technology by reviewing current literature, talking with colleagues, participating in educational programs, attending meetings or workshops, or participating in professional organizations or conferences.
- Documents procedures for hardware and software installation and use.
- Documents technical specifications, justification and operating standards for communications equipment.
- Documents user support activity, such as system problems, corrective actions, resolution status, and completed equipment installations in the incident management log system.
- Develops a bill of materials, listing all equipment and services needed for the project.
- Documents and maintains records for communication surplus, purchases, warranty, and reflection of current inventory locations, such as initial delivery, pickup, redistribution, and reassignment.
Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings:
- Monitors and responds to communications related incidents received from an incident management system.
- Monitor incoming and outgoing audio communication sound feeds to ensure quality.
- Reviews, orders and approves communication hardware, software and service requests.
- Acquire approval for communication equipment, software and service requests from appropriate authority.
- Verifies invoices and reconciles customer and vendor billing for purchases of communication equipment, software and services.
- Reviews and approves agency communication requisitions using a central tracking system.
Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards:
- Reviews request from customer to verify accuracy and standards compliance.
Analyzing Data or Information:
- Identify parameters of the current and legacy communication systems.
- Assesses the scope for installing current and legacy communications systems.
Making Decisions and Solving Problems:
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots and maintains communication hardware, software and services.
- Receives, updates and maintains inventory for communication equipment and software.
- Perform onsite inspections of communications installations.
- Assist in the planning, scheduling and logistics for equipment replacement or refresh.
- Provide user support by diagnosing network and device problems and implementing technical or procedural solutions.
- Diagnoses and resolves media system problems.
- Provide cost of purchase and overall cost of ownership information.
Handling and Moving Objects:
- Assign assets tags and inventories communication equipment or software shipments.
Controlling Machines and Processes:
- Activate Wireless Device and service carrier by activating the device internally or contacting vendor to activate the device.
Communicating with Persons Outside Organization:
- Acts as a liaison between the state and vendor for day to day maintenance of contract issues.
- Coordinates with personnel and facilities management staff to install, remove, or relocate user connectivity equipment and devices.
- Communicate with vendors to obtain pricing and technical specifications for available hardware, software, or services.
- Coordinate with agencies the delivery and pickup of communication equipment.
- Work with vendor support and agency contacts to resolve technical problems with communication equipment, software or services.
- Maintain communication with customers during the problem resolution process.
- Respond to customer email or telephone inquiries regarding devices and customer service in a timely manner.
Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships:
- Provide leadership by projecting a positive attitude, and providing learning incentives.
Identifying Actions and Events:
- Obtains and previews programs prior to events to become familiar with the order and needs of participants.
- Provide live, real time support for video bridge conferences.
- Learning on the Fly
- Problem Solving
- Functional/Technical Competency
- Business Acumen
- Technical Learning
- Presentation Skills
- Customer Focus
- Peer Relationship
- Knowledge of Computers Electronics
- Knowledge of Telecommunications
- Knowledge of Wireless Communication Technology
- Knowledge of Communication Technology Configuration
- Knowledge of Communication Technology Installation
- Knowledge of Customer and Personal Services
- Knowledge of Purchasing Procedures
- Knowledge of Invoicing Procedures
- Knowledge of Audio Visual Technology
- Knowledge of Digital Communication Technology
- Knowledge of Project Management Concepts
- Knowledge of Communication and Media
- Active Learning
- Active Listening
- Service Orientation
- Equipment Maintenance
- Time Management
- Inductive Reasoning
- Oral Expression
- Problem Sensitivity
- Time Sharing
- Written Comprehension
- Written Expression
- Extent Flexibility
- Static Strength
- Perceptual Speed
- Oral Comprehension
- Deductive Reasoning
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Personal Computer
- Fax Machine
- Video Camera