|Class Title:||CORR IND SUPERVISOR 3|
|Bargaining Unit:||Use for all Job Titles|
Education and Experience: Education equivalent to graduation from a standard high school and experience equivalent to three years of full-time manufacturing or industrial work; additional qualifying coursework at a vocational, technical, or trade school may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis; qualifying full-time experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
Necessary Special Qualifications: None.
Examination Method: Education and Experience, 100%, for Career Service positions.
Job Overview: Summary: Under general supervision, is responsible for correctional manufacturing supervisory work of average difficulty; and performs related work as required.
Distinguishing Features: An employee in this class is responsible for supervising Correctional Industries Supervisors on an assigned shift. This class differs from that of Correctional Industries Supervisor 2 in that an incumbent of the latter is responsible for supervising a small staff of Correctional Industries Supervisors 1 and is supervised by an incumbent of this class. This class differs from that of Correctional Industries Supervisor 4 in that an incumbent of the latter is responsible for supervising incumbents of this class on two or more assigned shifts.
Work Activities: 1. Assigns, trains, supervises, and evaluates the work of subordinates and inmates in the manufacture of goods at an industrial prison on an assigned shift.
2. Inspects the product at all stages of the manufacturing process to ensure quality workmanship and product acceptability before shipment.
3. Orders raw materials for products and keeps records of procurements and inventories, time cards, and disciplinary reports.
4. Routinely checks institutional security and sanitary conditions; maintains discipline as necessary and may assist in security functions as needed.
5. Supervises the maintenance and operation of manufacturing tools and equipment.
6. Enforces institutional policies and procedures and ensures the safety of inmates through the supervision of staff.
7. Attends various meetings such as staff, shift, and in-service meetings.
8. Prepares and reviews a variety of records and reports such as incident, accident, and employee performance evaluations.