|Class Title:||CORR TRANSITION CENTER DEP SUP|
|Bargaining Unit:||Use for all Job Titles|
Education and Experience: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree and experience equivalent to five years of adult correctional management in one or a combination of the following: 1) administering or managing a rehabilitative, offender supervision, fiscal, correctional intelligence, or correctional compliance program; 2) supervising staff who provide rehabilitative or security services; or 3) training employees on skills or standards. At least two years of the above experience must include administering or managing a rehabilitative, offender supervision, fiscal, correctional intelligence, or correctional compliance program, or supervising staff that provide rehabilitation or security.
Substitution of Education for Experience: Additional graduate course work in a social or behavioral science, business administration, or any educational field may be substituted for the required experience, on a year-for-year basis to a maximum of one year, there being no substitution for the required two years administering or managing a rehabilitative, offender supervision, fiscal, correctional intelligence, or correctional compliance program, or supervising staff who provide rehabilitation or security (i.e., 36 graduate quarter hours in one or a combination of the above listed fields may substitute for one year of the required experience).
Substitution of Experience for Education: Qualifying full-time adult correctional experience for an institution may substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis, to a maximum of four years.
Other Requirements: Necessary Special Qualifications: None.
Examination Method: Education and Experience, 100%, for Preferred Service positions.
Job Overview: Summary: Under direction, is responsible for professional institutional managerial work of considerable difficulty; and performs related work as required.
Distinguishing Features: An employee in this class directs the therapeutic, treatment, or administrative programs for a Transition Center. This class differs from that of Correction Transition Center Superintendent in that incumbents of the latter direct all activities and functions at an institution and may supervise incumbents of this class.
Work Activities: Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards:
- Monitors all aspects of ACA accreditation in assigned divisions to ensure that the Transition Center is in compliance.
- Monitors all Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) complaints, inspections, reports, and investigations in accordance with code, policy and procedures.
- Monitors all Title VI activities, reports and actions for the Transition Center to ensure compliance with all code, policy and procedures.
- Oversees bed space population management for the Transition Center, to ensure compliance will all code, policy and procedures.
Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others:
- Ensures that all staff and residents of the Transition Center receive fair and appropriate direction and supervision.
- Secures services and goods from internal and external stakeholders to ensure programmatic and treatment needs of the residents are being met.
- Takes appropriate action to ensure the Transition center is running efficiently and effectively.
- Reviews and ensures assigned staff members are accurately entering resident contact notes.
- Maintains and records program and treatment statistical data relating to the Transition Center as required by policy and procedure.
- Documents assigned staff members’ job performance information in accordance with established performance evaluation processes.
Developing Objectives and Strategies:
- Ensures that program objectives are clearly linked to Transition Center residents’ successful reentry into the community.
- Promotes successful reentry of Transition Center residents by connecting them to community resources.
- Sets challenging personal goals for individual assignments that support the mission of the Transition Center and works to meet or exceed each goal.
Coaching and Developing Others:
- Ensures that all staff are meeting the training standards required by their jobs in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Provides and directs training for all staff to enhance and improve employee job performance to further support the mission of the Transition Center.
- Develops work plans for subordinate staff to ensure that appropriate work outcomes are achieved.
- Oversees the collection of information and data on potential and existing residents to perform risk needs assessment to determine programming and placement.
- Monitors and observes staff interaction with residents of the Transition Center to ensure compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Collects statistical information from division leaders to make sure that all goals are accomplished and all procedures are being met and to identify areas for improvement.
Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Subordinates:
- Ensures that the goals and mission of the Transition Center are being carried out by staff members in regards to programmatic and therapeutic divisions.
- Enter second-rated task statement here.
- Continue until all tasks under the functional area have been written.
- Provides an overview to departmental leadership outlining resident status, compliance and quality assurance to enhance public safety.
- Gathers statistical data from divisional leaders that details obtainable goals determined by departmental leadership.
Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work:
- Sets daily and weekly goals to prioritize and accomplish required duties and job functions as required by policy and procedures.
- Tracks progress of assigned job duties and projects to ensure their timely completion.
- Organizes and plans individual work days to efficiently and effectively carry out assigned job duties.
- Develops community resource partnerships for residents of the Transition Center, fostering a seamless transition into the community.
- Identifies and recommends alternative methodologies based on established best practices and procedures that support effective and efficient delivery of programmatic and treatment needs.
Making Decisions and Solving Problems:
- Provides critical input used in formulating policy and procedural changes needed within the Transition Center to meet operational requirements set by state and federal statute, policy and procedures.
- Participates as required in the Emergency Operational Plans (EOP) to meet changes required within the Transition Center in accordance with code policy and procedure.
Performing for or Working Directly with the Public:
- Makes presentations and provides information to community stakeholders regarding the programmatic and therapeutic services provided by the Transition Center.
- Recruits community partners and stakeholders to assist Transition Center residents through the reentry process.
Judging the Qualities of Things, Services, or People:
- Oversees and determines the overall success of resident service programs ensuring that each is in line with the mission of the Transition Center.
- Evaluates work outcomes from divisional programs to ensure that organizational goals are being achieved.
Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates:
- Works directly with all levels of staff within the Transition Center, ensuring that all programmatic and treatment goals are obtained.
- Provides directors of programmatic and treatment programs with organizational directives.
Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge:
- Identifies, modifies and implements operating procedures specific to the Transition Center to ensure effective and efficient operation.
- Researches opportunities for professional development, keeping abreast of current trends in correctional programming, reentry and other treatment modalities.
Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings:
- Assess potential risks and concerns from staff and residents to ensure a safe and secure living environment.
Analyzing Data or Information:
- Analyzes data obtained through periodic reports that detail measurable standards of Transition Center programs to identify areas of improvement.
Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others:
- Directs the coordination necessary for the distribution of the work requirements within the Transition Center among available divisions and staff to promote effective operations.
Provide Consultation and Advice to Others:
- Provides input to organizational leadership on an on-going basis in regards to needed improvements and changes in organizational policies and procedures.
Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events:
- Identifies and recognizes potential organizational issues and determines a course of action to improve overall processes and procedures.
Communicating with Persons Outside the Organization:
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the general public, external organizations, community stakeholders, and other governmental agencies for all matters related to programmatic and treatment needs of the residents of the Transition Center.
Developing and Building Teams:
- Encourages teamwork and cooperation among all persons involved in the Transition Center’s daily operations to promote organizational effectiveness.
Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others:
- Provides thorough explanation of policy and procedures to staff and community partners outside the Transition Center.
Competencies (KSA’s): Competencies:
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Decision Quality
- Problem Solving
- Written Communications
- Ethics and Values
- Fairness to Direct Reports
- Integrity and Trust
- Managing Diversity
- Understanding Others
- Administration and Management
- Customer and Personal Service
- Law and Government
- Basic Mathematics
- Basic Knowledge of Psychology
- Active Learner
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
- Complex Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Oral Comprehension
- Oral Expression
- Problem Sensitivity
- Written Comprehension
- Written Expression
- Speech Clarity
- Deductive Reasoning
- Problem Sensitivity
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Personal Computer
- Fax Machine
- Mobile Phone
- Security Cameras