|Class Title:||CORRECTIONAL COMPLIANCE MGR|
|Bargaining Unit:||Use for all Job Titles|
- Have a good moral character, as determined by investigation;
- Complete a criminal history disclosure form in a manner approved by the appointing authority;
- Agree to release all records involving their criminal history by the appointing authority;
- Supply a fingerprint sample in a manner prescribed by the TBI for a fingerprint-based criminal history check;
- Submit to and pass a pre-employment screening test for illegal drugs;
- Upon appointment, successfully complete a prescribed course of instruction at the Tennessee Correctional Academy.
- Develops, formats, submits, and distributes new and amended policies and forms in accordance with TDOC policy, procedures, and the legal codes governing them.
- Conducts annual review of forms and policies to determine which should be discarded, modified, or continued for use as required by code, policy, and procedures.
- Gathers and organizes information to identify problems with processes or procedures.
- Review files, computer information, and reports to verify staff adherence to requirements for offender reporting, record keeping, fiscal, and personnel management processes as required by code, policy, and procedure.
Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others:
- Explain the requirements and standards required by code, policy, and procedures to staff under their supervision and others as required.
- Translate the meaning of data/reports for end users in a clear and concise manner.
Interacting With Computers:
- Use a computer in the conduct of their daily work activities and for communication related to their work with other staff and agencies.
Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work:
- Processes and organizes all work projects according to their priorities in order to complete all required work in a timely manner.
- Review the organization and plan for work of staff under their supervision to ensure that operational requirements and goals are met as required by code, policy, and procedures.
Performing for or Working Directly with the Public:
- Performs duties and functions in a professional manner toward the public as a representative of the agency as required by code, policy, and procedures.
Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events:
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
- Accurately determines the critical and non-critical elements of a process or project and gathers information to meet the project’s priorities.
- Maintain documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes as required by code, policy, and procedures.
- Insures all correspondence relative to compliance is available to appropriate individual (s), groups in a timely manner as required by code, policy, and procedures.
- Provide required monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on the department and the facilities progress in meeting their goals and objectives.
- Provide Ad hoc reports as required.
Developing and Building Teams:
- Promote team building, staff development, and cooperation with other team members in order to promote a more effective and productive work environment.
Performing Administrative Activities:
- Maintain files, reports, and records for daily operations, personnel, and administration as required by code, policy, and procedures.
Provide Consultation and Advice to Others:
- Recommend changes and improvements in the processes and procedures for work activities to improve unit operational performance.
- Answer questions for offenders, staff, and others as required by code, policy, and procedures.
Training and Teaching Others:
- Provides employee training on compliance related topics, policies, or procedures.
- Mentors and/or assists in training of new staff and current staff in order to promote staff development and to improve work performance within the unit.
Analyzing Data or Information:
- Participate in the development of analytical reports, dashboards, or other means of presenting data for agency, legislative, or public consumption.
- Consistently recognizes the job tasks that need to be performed and carries them out without prompting.
- Defines report requirements and the layouts needed to complete assigned projects desired outcomes.
Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates:
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
- Effectively communicates with other staff and supervisors concerning events, activities, and policies related to offenders and the agency to promote effective completion of work tasks and a harmonious working environment as required by code, policy, and procedures.
- Communicate with users/sponsors when researching system requirements to ensure sound planning and coordination of the project schedules and design needed for the project.
- Serves as a confidential point of contact for employees to communicate with management, seek clarification on issues or dilemmas, or report irregularities.
Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships:
- Interacts in a positive manner with other staff members, fellow employees, other agencies, and the public to foster and maintain a harmonious working environment.
- Collaborate with other team members, managers, directors, and/or customers during all phases of their work activities.
- Supports mission-critical decisions made by supervisors, managers, and directors.
Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others:
- Communicate effectively with others to resolve conflicts quickly and efficiently.
- Follow due process procedures to report unresolved conflicts.
Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Subordinates:
- Follow departmental policy and procedure guidelines when giving information and guidance to all staff.
- Consistently sets a professional example for fellow employees by demonstrating positive work habits.
- Provides coaching, performance expectations, and performance evaluation reviews for staff as required by code, policy, and procedures.
Communicating with Persons Outside Organization:
- Report violations of compliance or regulatory standards as appropriate or required by code, policy, or procedures.
- Represent the organization in a variety of formal and informal contacts with the public, other agencies, and staff.
- May exchange information with law enforcement officers, district attorneys, other state agencies, and other states related to offenders.
Developing Objectives and Strategies:
- Sets challenging personal goals for each major task and works to meet or exceed each goal.
- Conduct periodic reviews or audits to insure that compliance procedures are followed as required by code, policy, and procedures.
- Conducts or directs internal investigations of compliance Issues as required by code, policy, and procedures.
- Reviews time and attendance data on staff under their supervision.
Scheduling Work and Activities:
- Provides work estimates and projected deadlines for assigned projects.
- Accomplishes work in such a manner that allows new/or additional work to be routinely taken on.
- Files appropriate compliance reports within the department, state government, and regulatory agencies.
- Documents and records personal working time and travel as required by code, policy, and procedures.
Assisting and Caring for Others:
- Respond appropriately when personal assistance is needed.
Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge:
- Attend compliance group meetings to update current projects, processes, and assignments.
- Participate in self-mastery and mentoring to gain new skills to apply to their work.
- Attends and participates in all required in-service and pre-service training related to applying new knowledge to their job requirements as required by code, policy, and procedures.
- Insures that staff attends and participates in all required in-service and pre-service training related to applying new knowledge and to their job requirements as required by code, policy and procedures.
Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings:
- Verify that all departmental and State regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated as required by code, policy, and procedures.
- Regularly checks the work of others to ensure that necessary quality and performance standards are met.
- Reviews paperwork completed by staff and offenders for accuracy as required by code, policy, and procedures.
- Analyze data for projects to evaluate solutions or to develop alternate solutions to problems.
- Monitors staff input and work to suggest solutions to data entry problems or discrepancies.
Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material:
- Insure that equipment and facilities are operational and compliant with requirements set by code, policy and procedures.
Making Decisions and Solving Problems:
- Insures that staff under their personal supervision understands their personal job responsibilities as required by code, policy, and procedures.
- Evaluate tests of programs and processes to verify their ability to meet the design functionality requirements for the project.
Estimating the Quantifiable Characteristics of Products, Events, or Information:
- Provide estimates and projections of deadline goals for completion of assigned projects and tasks.
- Coordinates events such as staff meetings and public activities and determines the needs for the conduct of the activities as required by code, policy, and procedures.
- Plans personal and staff’s work schedules to accommodate activities for monitoring staff activities and performance.
Staffing Organizational Units:
- May participate in the hiring process for staffing the unit.
Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment:
- May operate State equipment and vehicles in the conduct of their work.
- Functional/Technical Competencies
- Priority Setting
- Time Management
- Action Oriented
- Organizational Agility
- Written Communications
- Problem Solving
- Directing Others
- Administration and Management
- Education and Training
- Active Listening
- Active Learning
- Critical Thinking
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Reading Comprehension
- Time Management
- Deductive Reasoning
- Inductive Reasoning
- Time Management
- Oral Comprehension
- Oral Expression
- Written Expression
- Written Comprehension
- Speech Clarity
- Speech Recognition
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Personal Computer
- Fax Machine