|MATH COACH/INTERVENTIONIST (PART-TIME)- PENDING BUDGET APPROVAL IN JULY
Location: ELEMENTARY DEPT
Group: 10/24 PRO
• Analyzes class and grade level data in mathematics at assigned elementary school for the purpose of sharing
information with teachers and making informed decisions relative to instructional practices.
• Assesses skills and needs (both initially and ongoing) of teachers and students within an elementary school setting for the
purpose of determining the kinds of professional development and strategies needed to bring about student
achievement and gains in value-added scores in mathematics.
• Supports teachers to ensure small group activates are rigorous, differentiated, and aligned to standards.
• Leads and participates in ongoing job-embedded professional development (e.g. meetings, workshops, trainings, and
seminars) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information related to math content knowledge, pedagogy, and
• Maintains a variety of manual and electronic files and/or records (e.g. TCAP, STAR, and other data regarding math
proficiency) for the purpose of determining success of math coaching on student achievement.
• Mentors and coaches elementary teachers for the purpose of building capacity to teach and improving mathematics `
• Prepares a variety of written and electronic materials (e.g. planning and pacing guides, classroom materials, reports, etc.)
for the purpose of demonstrating best practices in math instruction, and/or conveying information to teachers, tutors,
• Coordinates with teachers for annual Family Math Night to increase family involvement in math education.
• Attends monthly coaches PD meetings off-site for collaborative learning.
• Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
• Provides intensive interventions for elementary Rtl tier 3 math students.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job
conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: apply pertinent
policies, regulations and/or laws; preparing and maintaining accurate records; and operating standard office equipment
including pertinent software applications.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math functions; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed
formats, present information to others; and solve practical problems. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to
satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: appropriate codes, policies, regulations and/or laws; age appropriate
activities; and stages of child development.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities and work with a wide diversity of individuals; gather and/or collate data, use basic math
and job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined
but different processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Problem solving is required to identify issues and
create action plans. Problem solving with data requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with
equipment is limited to moderate. Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job
include: establishing and maintaining constructive relationships; adapting to changing work priorities; maintaining confidentiality; and
working flexible hours.
Responsibilities include: working under direct supervision using standardized procedures; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating
others; and operating within a defined budget. Utilization of some resources from other work units is often required to perform
the job’s functions. There is a continual opportunity to have some impact on the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting,
carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and
significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 30% sitting, 20% walking, and 50% standing. The job is performed
under conditions with some exposure to risk of injury and/or illness and in a clean atmosphere.
EXPERIENCE: Job related experience is preferred.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent.
EQUIVALENCY: None Specified