MIDDLE SCHOOL PRINCIPAL- PENDING BUDGET APPROVAL
Location: MIDDLE/HIGH SCHOOL DEPT
Group: 12/260 PRO
• Chairs meetings (e.g. curriculum, safety, site advisory, special district committees, etc.) for the purpose of coordinating
activities and ensuring that outcomes achieve school, district and/or state objectives.
• Delegates responsibility for a variety of administrative functions to Assistant Principal (s) and other personnel for the purpose
of managing the workload more efficiently.
• Develops budgets and financial forecasts for the purpose of providing financial guidance and recommendations to
administrative personnel, Asst. Superintendent and/or Superintendent.
• Evaluates assigned personnel for the purpose of ensuring that standards are achieved and performance is maximized.
• Facilitates communication between personnel, students and/or parents for the purpose of evaluating situations, solving
problems and/or resolving conflicts.
• Advisement of policies, procedures and/or processes for the purpose of providing direction and/or complying with mandated
• Manages school administrative functions (e.g. facility maintenance, budget, staffing, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining safe
and efficient school operations within district guidelines.
• Prepares a wide variety of materials (e.g. quantity reports, student activities, correspondence, etc.) for the purpose of
documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
• Presents information (e.g. budget overviews, accounting processes, distribution formulas, etc.) for the purpose of
communicating information, gaining feedback and ensuring adherence to established internal controls.
• Represents the school within community forums for the purpose of maintaining ongoing community support for educational
goals and/or assisting with issues related to school environment.
• Researches alternate funding sources for the purpose of maintaining the efficient operation of the school.
• Supervises instructional personnel for the purpose of monitoring performance, providing for professional growth and
achieving overall objectives of school’s curriculum.
• Orients and assists new staff and students. Provides opportunities for their input in the school program.
• Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS: Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: planning and managing
projects; using pertinent software applications; preparing and maintaining accurate records; and administering personnel policies.
KNOWLEDGE: Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: pertinent
codes, policies, regulations and/or laws; conflict resolution; bookkeeping principles, and concepts of management and supervision.
ABILITY: Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with
diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; setting priorities; working as part of a team; working with frequent interruptions; creating a
positive school climate for students, staff and community; motivating staff; and adapting to changing work priorities.
Responsibilities include: working independently under broad organizational guidelines to achieve unit objectives; leading, guiding,
and/or coordinating others. Utilization of some resources from other work units is often required to perform the job’s functions. There is
some opportunity to significantly impact the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying,
pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job
requires 60% sitting, 10% walking, and 30% standing. The job is performed in a generally hazard free environment and in a clean
EXPERIENCE: Three years of experience as a certified teacher, plus three years of experience in an administrative role.
EDUCATION: Master’s degree in job related area.
EQUIVALENCY: None specified.