PE TEACHER (PART-TIME)
Location: CENTENNIAL HIGH SCHOOL
Group: 10/24 PRO
The job of the Teacher – Secondary School was established for the purpose(s) of providing support to the instructional process by
serving as a teacher with specific responsibility for supervising students within the classroom and other assigned areas; developing
lesson plans and delivering group and individual student instruction within established curriculum guidelines; collaborating with
other teachers, other professional staff, and administrators in addressing instructional and/or classroom issues and curriculum
development; and responding to a wide range of inquiries from students, parents, or guardians regarding the instructional program
and student progress.
This job reports to School Site Principal.
• Administers and develops subject specific assessments for the purpose of assessing student competency levels and/or
developing individual learning plans.
• Constructs curriculum in the classroom environment to foster future growth and opportunities for students.
• Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; student’s
achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
• Assesses student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to
students, parents and administration.
• Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for the
purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of the
school improvement plan.
• Counsels students for the purpose of improving performance, health status, problem-solving techniques and a variety of
• Differentiates instruction to meet the needs of diverse students for the purpose of providing an effective program that
meets district requirements.
• Instructs students for the purpose of improving their success in academics through a defined course of study.
• Manages student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
• Monitors students in a variety of educational environments (e.g. classroom, school grounds, field trips, etc.) for the purpose of
providing a safe and positive learning environment.
• Participates in a variety of meetings and professional development activities for the purpose of conveying and/or
gathering information required to perform functions.
• Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. grades, lesson plans following scope and sequence, correspondence with
parents and students, examinations and quizzes, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for the purpose of documenting
student progress and meeting mandated requirements.
• Reports incidents (e.g. altercations, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, harassment, zero tolerance offenses
etc.) for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students, providing a positive learning environment and adhering to
state law and board policies.
• Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate
personnel for resolution.
Page 2 of 2 1320 WEST MAIN STREET, SUITE 202 FRANKLIN, TN 37064 R 6/22/18
• Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources (e.g. other teachers, parents, administrators, students, central office staff,
etc.) for the purpose of resolving issues, providing information and/or direction.
• Directs assistant teachers, student teachers, instructional assistants, volunteers and/or student workers for the purpose of
providing an effective classroom program and addressing the needs of individual students.
• Supports other classroom teachers for the purpose of assisting them in the implementation of established curriculum and/or
individual student plans.
• Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, highly complex, technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to
meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include:
applying assessment instruments; operating standard office equipment including using pertinent software applications; and
preparing and maintaining accurate records.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percentages, and/or ratios; read technical
information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and analyze situations to define issues and
draw conclusions. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include:
appropriate codes, policies, regulations and/or laws; age appropriate activities; lesson plan requirements; stages of child
development; and behavioral management strategies.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities, meetings, and/or events; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use job-related
equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; analyze data utilizing defined but different
processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals
and/or groups; work with data of varied types and/or purposes; and utilize specific, job-related equipment. Problem solving is
required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data frequently requires independent interpretation of
guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is moderate. Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform
the functions of the job include: establishing and maintaining constructive relationships; adapting to changing work priorities;
maintaining confidentiality; exhibiting tact and patience; and working flexible hours.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods; directing other
persons within a small work unit; and tracking budget expenditures.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: some lifting,
carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 40% sitting, 20% walking, and
EXPERIENCE: Job related experience is required.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
EQUIVALENCY: None Specified