Location: RENAISSANCE HIGH SCHOOL
Group: 11/24 PRO
• Coordinates with teachers, college and university personnel, resource specialists and/or community (e.g. service clubs, courts,
child protective services, etc.) for the purpose of providing/receiving requested information and/or making recommendations.
• Counsels students, parents, and guardians for the purpose of enhancing student success in school.
• Develops a variety of special programs (e.g. career fairs and days, academic and financial aid workshops, health and safety
• events) for the purpose of providing information to assist students in the successful transition from high school to career,
training and/or continuing education.
• Monitors students’ progress (e.g. grades, formative and summative assessments, EOCs, ACT, CCEs, etc.) for the purpose of
identifying issues and taking appropriate action for increasing student success, including serving as part of the data team, and
assisting teachers with necessary interventions.
• Prepares a wide variety of materials (e.g. reports, student activities, correspondence, audits, etc.) for the purpose of
documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
• Prepares applications for students (e.g. scholarships, college, financial aid, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring completion of
application processes within designated time frames.
• Presents information (e.g. budget overviews, accounting processes, distribution formulas, etc.) for the purpose of
communicating information, gaining feedback and ensuring adherence to established internal controls.
• Researches program eligibility requirements (e.g. financial aid, college eligibility, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date,
accurate counsel to students.
• Schedules student classes for the purpose of securing appropriate placement and meeting their matriculation, graduation and
college eligibility requirements.
• Supervises assigned programs (e.g. scholarships, peer counseling, special education, ESL, etc.) for the purpose of monitoring
performance, providing for professional growth and achieving overall curriculum objectives.
• Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job
conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: applying assessment
instruments; preparing and maintaining accurate records; planning and managing projects; and using pertinent software applications.
KNOWLEDGE is required review and interpret highly technical information, write technical materials, and/or speak persuasively to
implement desired actions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions.
ABILITY is required to schedule a number of activities, meetings, and/or events; often gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use
basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; analyze data
utilizing a variety of complex processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a
diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with data of varied types and/or purposes; and utilize specific, job-related equipment.
Independent problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires analysis
based on organizational objectives; Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job
include: communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; working
as part of a team; and working with frequent interruptions.
Responsibilities include: working independently under broad organizational guidelines to achieve unit objectives; leading, guiding,
and/or coordinating others; and operating within a defined budget. Utilization of resources from other work units may be required to
perform the job’s functions. There is a continual opportunity to impact the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying,
pushing, and/or pulling; and some fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 75% sitting, 15% walking, and 10% standing. This
job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
EXPERIENCE: Job related experience within specialized field is required.
EDUCATION: Master’s degree in job related area.
EQUIVALENCY: None specified.