Location: SPECIAL EDUCATION
Group: 10/24 PRO
• Administers standardized and/or supplemental assessments for the purpose of measuring the intellectual, adaptive,
academic, social and emotional development of children and/or determining eligibility for services in compliance with
• Assesses students’ functional capabilities and home and/or classroom environment for the purpose of determining
student’s functional level and developing recommendations and/or placement.
• Assists other staff for the purpose of developing and applying student monitoring systems and designing academic and
• Assists all specialists (e.g. autism consultants, behavior specialists, occupational and physical therapist, speech language
pathologists, etc.) for the purpose of creating and delivering student supports.
• Compiles information from a variety of sources (e.g. administrators, teachers, nurse, parents, mental health agencies,
other professionals, etc.) for the purpose of producing a comprehensive screening/ evaluation report in compliance with
• Consults with teachers, parents, and/or other outside personnel or professionals for the purpose of providing requested
information, developing plans for services and/or making recommendations.
• Coordinates with school staff to implement school wide program development and program evaluation (e.g. RTi, PBIS) for
the purpose of ensuring effective programs to assist children who experience physical, mental, social and emotional
• Counsels students, parents and guardians for the purpose of enhancing student success in school.
• Has strong understanding in Response to Intervention for the purpose of interpreting the data to intervene, offering
interventions and eventually determining eligibility.
• Helps students for the purpose of creating smooth transitions to and from school and community learning environments,
such as residential treatment centers or ALC.
• Participates in meetings, workshops and seminars as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information
required to perform functions.
• Promotes school policies and practices for the purpose of ensuring the safety of all students by reducing school violence,
bullying and harassment.
• Researches resources and methods (e.g. intervention, assessment tools and methods, community resources, etc.) for the
purpose of determining the appropriate approach for addressing students’ functional goals.
• Supports individualized student instruction for the purpose of ensuring the success of all students.
• Uses student information for the purpose of making sound data-based decisions to achieve student growth.
• Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work
• Supervises interns, practicum students and others for the purpose of monitoring performance, providing for professional
growth and achieving overall objectives of school’s curriculum.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, highly complex, technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet
changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: applying
assessment instruments; operating standard office equipment including pertinent computer software; and preparing and maintaining
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform advanced math; review and interpret highly technical information, write technical materials,
and/or speak persuasively to implement desired actions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific
knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: psychology and educational
principles; and pertinent codes, policies, regulations and/or laws.
ABILITY is required to schedule a number of activities, meetings, and/or events; flexibility is required to specific ability-based
competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; communicating
with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; meeting deadlines and schedules; working as part of a team; working with detailed
information/data; and maintaining effective working relationships.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods; leading, guiding, and/or
coordinating others; and operating within a defined budget. Utilization of resources from other work units is often required to perform
the job’s functions. There is a continual opportunity to impact the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying,
pushing, and/or pulling; and some fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 60% sitting, 20% walking, and 20% standing. This
job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
EXPERIENCE: Job related experience within specialized field is required.
EDUCATION: Master’s degree in job related area.
EQUIVALENCY: None specified.